Skip to main content



How do I know if I have a workers’ compensation or personal injury case?

The best way to find out if you have a valid case is to contact an experienced attorney. The Law Office of Kevin M. O’Brien has a 30-year history of working for injured peoples’ rights. We can review the facts of your case, and determine whether a viable case exists. There is no charge for a consultation, so call us today.

What should I do immediately following an accident, to ensure that my rights are protected?

If you are injured in an accident, your first priority should be your health. Seek medical attention immediately. Make sure you give doctors an accurate history of your accident. Keep records or photographs of anything you think may be valuable substantiation of your case details. It is important that you seek legal counsel as soon as possible, to ensure that your rights are protected.

If I am injured, should I cooperate with insurance company representatives or investigators that contact me regarding the accident?

Insurance company representatives or investigators work for the insurance company, not for you. They often work tirelessly to persuade injured people to cooperate with their investigation. It is very important that you have an attorney on your side, to conduct an investigation of the facts, rather than leaving this work up to the insurance companies. If you are contacted by an insurance company representative, refer them to The Law Office of Kevin M. O’Brien, so that we can take charge of the investigation. Most importantly, DO NOT give a recorded statement to an insurance adjustor or investigator.

What are The Law Offices of Kevin M. O’Brien’s qualifications for handling Workers’ Compensation and Personal Injury Cases?

The Law Office of Kevin M. O’Brien is a private practice located in Chicago, Illinois, with a 30-year history of working for injured peoples’ rights. We have handled literally thousands of claims, earning us our reputation for success. We have tried numerous jury trials in both the Municipal and the Law Divisions of the Circuit Court of Cook County and the surrounding counties. We handle Personal Injury and Workers’ Compensation cases, and we promise to always work for the injured parties, and never the insurance companies.

How much does it cost to file a Personal Injury or Workers’ Compensation claim?

There are no up-front costs for filing a Personal Injury or Workers’ Compensation claim. Benefits are paid to you by the insurance carrier. There is no fee due to our office unless we recover benefits for you.